How to code Parallax Floors in Stages

Ryon

Nice tutorial. I was wondering how Parallax works, but I'm going to probably go down the math route when I get to it. (involving xscale, yscaledelta, etc.) :P

One thing to note though: Floating point numbers are decimals. And Integer is a whole number.

Ex.

100.0(f) - Floating point number (with a decimal point)

98 - Integer (whole number)

Not too important, but you don't want to have inaccurate information in a tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo, Ry. I'm tweaking the parallax on my Metro City stage. But as soon as I get the parallax right for one character, it doesn't look right for another. Mostly characters with wide stances(Andore, Juggernaut, etc..) Is it possible to get the parralax perfect for any and all characters? Or should I just use Kung fu Man As the base for all values. His stance is perfect for adjusting parallax.

its impossible for people like Juggernaught, because his stance is NOT aligned to the bottom of the floor, its aligned to the space between his feet.

Use Kung Fu Man.

his stance is flat. anybody who has a flat footed stance is good to use, my personal preference is KFM.

if you get parallax right for 1 character ,its right for both. its a global setting once its done right.

its impossible for people like Juggernaught, because his stance is NOT aligned to the bottom of the floor, its aligned to the space between his feet. Use Kung Fu Man. his stance is flat. anybody who has a flat footed stance is good to use, my personal preference is KFM. if you get parallax right for 1 character ,its right for both. its a global setting once its done right.

As usual, you have confirmed my suspicions. I'll use kfm. Thanks again...