[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

It's honestly not hard at all to beat the elite 4 in any pokemon game on the first go.

Someone hasnt had their daily dose of perfect nuzlocke runs then. :p

Oh and is it just me or is X & Y much more enjoyable with the Exp share OFF? GF really dropped the ball on this one.

...ive been retired a long time, whys it good to have these ivs? and where does one get them?

btw puting my FC in my profile.

IVs (Individual Values), also known as DVs (Determinant Values), are essentially Pokémon's version of genes.

In short, they are a contributing factor towards a Pokémon's actual stat, along with EVs (I'm not going into that), natures and base stats.

Pokémon are born/encountered with a specific set of IVs for each stat, ranging from 0 (utter crap) to 31 (perfect). At lower levels, they don't really seem to make a difference, but most certainly at level 100, you'll see a significant difference (31 stat difference, might I add).

For example, say I had two level 100 Garchomps (:P). One has 31 IVs for every stat, the other has 0 IVs for every stat (frig knows why ANYONE would train it to level 100 in this state, but whatever). Neither of them have been EV trained and they're both Adamant natured.

Compare:

Garchomp (Perfect)

HP: 357

Attack: 325

Defense: 226

Special Attack: 176

Special Defense: 206

Speed: 240

Garchomp (Worthless piece of shit)

HP: 326

Attack: 291

Defense: 195

Special Attack: 148

Special Defense: 175

Speed: 209

31 stat difference, right? Especially in Speed, this makes all the difference.

That's the general idea of it, though if you want a super-detailed explanation with fancy diagrams, see Bulbapedia's fancy article on the subject.

Quick Question : What Pokemons Are In  My Friend Safari ?

If you're Eduardo (which if you are, nice battle), then you have a Dark-type Friend Safari with Pawniard and Crawdaunt.

Added Sayzo :3

For the lazy people:

0516 - 7483 - 3564

Someone hasnt had their daily dose of perfect nuzlocke runs then. :p

Oh and is it just me or is X & Y much more enjoyable with the Exp share OFF? GF really dropped the ball on this one.

More like they were holding too many hands with people complaining about the game being hard. Honestly, in my opinion the EXP share should have been introduced like during the last gym city before Victory Road, or as post game material along with the vs Recorder (Seriously, Vs Seeker where? I need EXP]

IVs (Individual Values), also known as DVs (Determinant Values), are essentially Pokémon's version of genes. In short, they are a contributing factor towards a Pokémon's actual stat, along with EVs (I'm not going into that), natures and base stats.

Should be worth noting that IVs aren't REALLY needed if you don't want to bother with it. It's something for the competitive crowd and to make the game more intricate. Literally ANY pokemon can have it's uses if you ask me.

Added DarkWolf13 and NeoGeoKitsune... I wish I never knew the existence of IVs... now, I'm all about getting perfect IVs... when I hatch the pokemon that don't meet the standards, I release them... I know I'm a horrible person (sorry togepi D=)... Getting perfect IVs change the way I play pokemon, I use to think they were all special in their own kind of way but no, it all comes down with the IVs, EVs training, and their natures... =/

(Seriously, Vs Seeker where? I need EXP]

That three-star restaurant in Lumiose City. Choose Triple Battle (there's an Audino!). The Pokémon are level 63 or something, and although it costs 100,000 Poké Dollars to enter, you pretty much get back more than that with the Balm Mushrooms the waitress gives you

Should be worth noting that IVs aren't REALLY needed if you don't want to bother with it. It's something for the competitive crowd and to make the game more intricate.

IVs are automatic, so it doesn't matter if you want them or not; you're gonna get them.

I'm also anything but competitive (maybe semi-casual?). I just like my Pokémon to be the best they can be, but don't fancy taking 5 years to select what I'm going to do in a battle :3

Added DarkWolf :D

Noobie, my boy, I don't believe you posted up your 3DS friend code :3

Nope not even ryon did. :/

As for your Bergmite question I have shiny one what do you have to offer?

:omg: Holy Crap!!! All this real life working I am doing made me forget to share my FC code

Here ya go: 5129 -1492 - 2162

Sorry about that everyone. :hi: