Squirtle

CozySquirtle

Posted Image

This is an 'Edit' (So to speak) of BrunoSS' Squirtle. I didn't like how Squirtle played before, so I decided to give Squirtle some justice. I started on this 'edit' awhile back and just now decided to put the finishing touches on Squirtle. (So to speak)

What I did (from what I can remember):

- New Small Port
- New Big Port
- New Palettes
- Fixed the move names
- Fixed the 'poweradd' to all the moves (Bubble can be used freely now, WaterGun costs 1000 and Surf costs 2000)
- Fixed the infinite punch problem (I think)
- Changed a few sounds
- Made the charge go either Faster or Slower (I don't quite remember)
- Change ground.back,ground.front, air.back and air.front
- Added triggerall = numhelper (301)=0 into Bubble's command entry in the CMD
- Reduced Bubble's damage to 3
- Reduced Groundhittime to 8

- ALOT

Special thanks to Ryon for taking 2 hours out of his life to help me. And to Rice and Laharl as well.

Can I change the authors name to "Ky,Ryon" now D; I feel like we did alot more than BrunoSS ever did.

What I would like to do in the future:

- New moves (Like Hydro Pump; Silver/Gold/Crystal Style)
- Add a few more sounds
- Fix whatever needs to be fixed

In-Game Images

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jnc2lpfc28kzjgc

Kind of. I think its more of an improvement than what BrunoSS' Squirtle was. You see, I'm a die hard Squirtle fan and have been since the first games came out. I just can't see my favorite Pokemon being what BrunoSS left him as. I want to continue to work on Squirtle some more, so with that said, I must learn to code. Which I don't see a problem with, I know how to code the basic's like Supers, add hyper ports, stuff like that, but I want to learn more than just that. It might be a little while before Squirtle receives another update.

I must learn to code. Which I don't see a problem with, I know how to code the basic's like Supers, add hyper ports, stuff like that, but I want to learn more than just that.

Ryon's tutorials are helpful trust me I used them for my vexen character.

I like what you've done (although I've never actually been able to try to original), but two key things I noticed:

Bubble can put the opponent into an infinite.

His width value is too small, and as such, he pushes himself back when the heavy attack ( c ) is used next to the opponent.

I like what you've done (although I've never actually been able to try to original), but two key things I noticed:

Bubble can put the opponent into an infinite.

His width value is too small, and as such, he pushes himself back when the heavy attack ( c ) is used next to the opponent.

- For Bubble, how do you propose I should fix this problem? like maybe slow down the time it takes Bubble to work? (maybe)

- I never really touched his width value. (maybe cause I don't understand it quite yet) Maybe you could explain how I should tackle this problem?

- For Bubble, how do you propose I should fix this problem? like maybe slow down the time it takes Bubble to work? (maybe)

- I never really touched his width value. (maybe cause I don't understand it quite yet) Maybe you could explain how I should tackle this problem?

- Lower the amount of time the opponent is in the hit state to 8, and add this line into Bubble's command entry in the CMD:

triggerall = numhelper (301) = 0
Another suggestion is to reduce Bubble's damage to 3, because for something that doesn't use any power, it packs quite a punch in comparison to Squirtle's basic attacks (though I think they need to have their damage increased).

-Width is set at the very top of the constants file (CNS) under . The four parameters you need to change are ground.back, ground.front, air.back and air.front. Ground is the width on the ground, and air is the width in the air...simple stuff.

Basically, width is split into two parts: front and back. By pressing Ctrl C in-game, you can see the width of a character by looking for a yellow bar set underneath the character, just above the character's name; typically, the width should cover the width of the character's hitboxes (a character can become slimmer/fatter when jumping, apparently).

Because Squirtle's sprites aren't central (and as such, neither are his hitboxes), the ground.front and air.front need to be of a larger value than ground.back and air.back. Because I'm not entirely a cryptic riddle sort of person, my guess is to have these values:

ground.back = 9
ground.front = 13
air.back = 11
air.front = 15
If you so happen to centralize Squirtle's sprites, you'll need to adjust these values a bit.

On a side note, I cannot figure out what it is that's causing Squirtle to move itself back when it attacks near the opponent with its heavy attack ( c ), although you may want to change the AnimElemTime(X) > 0 in the CMD to movecontact, and make sure "Combo C" doesn't cancel into itself ;)

Ok, so far I fixed

- ground.back,ground.front, air.back and air.front

- triggerall = numhelper (301)=0 into Bubble's command entry in the CMD

- reduced Bubble's damage to 3

now, I am, however, confused on where to find Squirtle's hit state at so I can change it to 8, like you said. I wanna say it's in Squirtle's CNS, but I was hopping you could clarify that part some more, so that I may understand what I'm looking for.

feedback. I dont know if it was stated already. ky get in contact with me on skype (ryon_persaud) well talk about squirtle and improve him. 1. b button, after turtle shell spins and he gets out, he slides a bit. his velset code is still active. your best bet is a velset code to trigger when he is not in the shell anymore. and x = 0. 2. c button, if you mash C you can repeat the attack over and over not actually doing it cause it cuts itself, and you gain a bit power. to fix this in the cmdfile, check your triggers. trigger1 = ctrl ,is important. 3. x , bubble? I can make it better if you want. but i want to teach you how. 4. y , water gun? I think i can make that better, but you need a better animation, it looks a tad strange. 5. z , surf, i can definately make better but it involves timing. what you can do is have squirtle jump up and literally ride the wave down. again CONTACT me on skype PLEASE.

- I see two different velset's (that is, if Im looking at this right) [state 0, VelSet] type = VelSet trigger1 = 1 x = 4 [state 0, VelSet] type = VelSet trigger1 = movehit x = -2 Now you said something about X = 0. Should I attempt to change one of these or make an entirely new Velset? - He has trigger1 = ctrl - Personally, I like bubble as it is (considering, thats the way BrunoSS made it) - Are you sure? I mean, I don't see anything unusual about it. - That'd be sick!

Uh...is it just me, or is the "new" revision exactly the same as the old one? You didn't overwrite the old .rar file on MediaFire, did you? It doesn't actually change anything if you do that. You'd need to delete the old one and then upload the new one for it to work.

- Ryon's idea. I thought it was a great one.

- I, personally, like the damage as they are.

- Its not doing it on my end (I keep hitting the wrong buttons, I seriously need a new PC controller, Im not use to this keyboard)

- Meh. OK then :)

- Really? You're better off just spamming Bubble.

- You have to be against the wall for it to do it.