Capcom, where did you go so wrong? T-T

Thunderstudent

Remember back in the 90's and early 2000's when Capcom use to represent quality, excellence and was held amongst the gaming company gods? Before they started to treat their mascots and franchises like shit? Yes they were infamous for rehashing Street Fighter but all around they made quality games. To me at least, {although it could have been sooner and will be for some} The last good game they produced was Street Fighter 4{excluding Super Street fighter 4 or any rehashes they've done since then.} and the crap started with Resident Evil 5. Now I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, but I was so pumped for RE5, I replayed my other RE games and was so psyched for the release.......and then I got the demo, and all my hopes and dreams were shattered. Since then, Capcom has been shitting on their other franchises like Street Fighter with insults like MVC3 and releasing the updated version as a stand alone game instead of as patches. DLC was put on the disk of the games instead of them being actually downloadable. But even their mascot wasn't safe, from being excluded from both MVC3 and UMVC3 to the cancellation of Megaman legends 3 and Megaman Universe to the Bad Box art Megaman in TekkenXSF*The dumbest name for any crossover game* Megaman has fallen into a deeper pit then Sonic ever could have. Capcom, you use to be great. Now you're driving away all but your most loyal supporters and sucking your fan base dry. I understand their a company and companies are about making money, but if they keep up their current business practices, their fan base will shrivel down to nothing and no one but their most loyal followers will buy their games. Capcom, when did you become crap and stop being about quality? Why do you force your creators to voluntarily leave your employment due to health problems you create from stress or from creative differences? You've become that cool kid from high school who everybody wanted to be after he let himself go. You're nothing more but a shell of your former greatness. I look back on Capcom's glory days and can't help but feel a great loss. Because a piece of my childhood has now turned to shit. Sorry for making this so long guys but yeah, this sums up my opinion about Capcom and what they've done in recent years. And it makes me sad and a bit sick inside.

My opinion is that they've done fine, In fact all they've really done wrong was really pander to a wider audience (and of course on disk DLC). Street Fighter IV and it's iterations were great, I have no idea why you would exclude SFIV. Also Resident Evil 5 was a great game and an even better Co-op game, although I can't speak much for Resident Evil 6(see: pandering). Considering making Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a stand alone game: Does it really matter? 12 new characters were added, new stages, a better way to get newcommers into the Fighting game genre, and they also fixed a lot of issues that was in MvC3. And do we honestly need another edition of Street Fighter IV? There's 39 playable characters as we speak, not including the Alpha Series, it's has the largest roster out of any Street Fighter game, and it's updated regularly for balance patches, so they're not shitting on the Street Fighter IP at all. Concerning Mega Man: I will never cease to hear the end of this. When will people understand that Bad Box Art Mega Man in SFxT (which isn't a stupid name, btw) is a joke? I guarantee that the reason for picking Bad Art Mega Man was purely for novelty reasons, not to shit on the fans. Capcom announced that they have big plans in store for the Mega Man franchise since they are celebrating Mega Man's 25th anniversary in 2013. Honestly there is a lot of people who I believe really needs to take off the rose-tinted goggles and not nit-pick about the really minor stuff. To sum it up:

My opinion is that Capcom needs to develop more IPs instead of relying on the old ones. Even then, those titles will probably receive some form of backlash, no matter how good it is.

I really hate the arguments. Why do people complain that they rehashed Street Fighter 4 and Marvel VS Capcom 3? News Flash, Capcom re-hashing their fighting games? Nothing new. They've been doing that since Street Fighter 2. And how many versions of Street Fighter 2 are there? Street Fighter 2 Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition Street Fighter 2 Turbo Super Street Fighter 2 Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition Super Street Fighter 2 Turb Revival Street Fighter 2 HD Remix Are there any I am missing? As for Bad Box Art Megaman, I honestly found it humorous. Megaman Legends 3 being canceled meant little to me as I've never played any of the originals. Are they shitting on Megaman? Not really? What about Street Fighter VS Megaman, a fan game that Capcom actually supported?

I thought that RE5 was an amazing game, and amazing demo, when I first tried it. And Sweetfire13, that's the best thing I have read online in a while, nice Big Lebowski btw. I am only disappointed with 3 things. 1. How MvC2 has more characters then both MvC3 and UMvC3 (I'm not much for 3d, but still the MvC3 games were great) 2. Mega Man Legends 3 3. Phoenix Wright games that we don't have. PW vs Professor Layton and Miles Edgeworth investigations 2 Other then that, Capcom is doing great.

I thought that RE5 was an amazing game, and amazing demo, when I first tried it. And Sweetfire13, that's the best thing I have read online in a while, nice Big Lebowski btw. I am only disappointed with 3 things.

1. How MvC2 has more characters then both MvC3 and UMvC3 (I'm not much for 3d, but still the MvC3 games were great)

2. Mega Man Legends 3

3. Phoenix Wright games that we don't have. PW vs Professor Layton and Miles Edgeworth investigations 2

Other then that, Capcom is doing great.

Most of MvC2's roster were copypasta sprites given gameplay to fit with the game, MvC2 was also a very unbalanced fighting game.

Yeah, the issue with MML3 does suck, but its over a year old now and people really need to get over it. That and the whole battle network game not being localized really needs to stop.

You do realize that Professor Layton vs. Ace Attourney is getting a European and North American release this upcoming year, right?

Concerning Edgeworth 2: There's still talk and support for localizing it for the West, but it really depends on how the upcoming Ace Attorney 5 is going to sell. If it is localized, it'll probably be available on the Nintendo Shop for digital download or ported to the 3DS with new graphics.

Yeah, the issue with MML3 does suck, but its over a year old now and people really need to get over it. That and the whole battle network game not being localized really needs to stop.

You do realize that Professor Layton vs. Ace Attourney is getting a European and North American release this upcoming year, right?

Concerning Edgeworth 2: There's still talk and support for localizing it for the West, but it really depends on how the upcoming Ace Attorney 5 is going to sell. If it is localized, it'll probably be available on the Nintendo Shop for digital download or ported to the 3DS with new graphics.

It's really been a year?? Huh, alright forget it then. And as for the Phoenix Wright, that's news to me but glad to hear it. I got some pre-ordering to do!

MvC2 used sprites from other 2d style games which is why they were able to have such a big cast of characters MvC3 however didn't have alot of characters that were in the style of MvC3 the only other game like it was TvC. Also I was a bit salty that Umvc3 came out so quickly but it fixed alot of problems with the first Mvc3 (No spectator mode, DHC glitches, Very damage output, No X factor in the air and more. Street Fighter X Tekken isn't a bad name also Tekken X Street Fighter isn't out yet. Lack of Megaman sucks but we did get the Free Megaman X Street Fighter game which got alot of support from fans that Capcom servers couldn't handle it. And Bad box art Megaman was just a joke because it something different then what Megaman fans are use to seeing. I've had no problems with RE6 I thought the game was fun as hell and people need to get off that it's not Re1,2,3 if you want that style go play them, Leon story is the closet your going to get to classic RE so you need to deal with it.

I have no problems with Capcom either. I haven't played a lot of their newer games, but UMvC3 and SFxTK were both really fun, DR2: Off the Record was absolutely brilliant, and I hear that Dragon's Dogma is a fantastic game. I've even heard that Capcom might re-release RE: Revelations on consoles, which would be awesome! That game looks fantastic too. The only potentially problematic things I see would have to be the whole "OMG on-disc DLC!" fiasco (was it really THAT big a deal?) and their lack of attention towards Megaman (MMxSF should tide people over though). Oh, and fuck people who call it "Crapcom"! That's one of the stupidest and most immature nicknames I've heard!

The only potentially problematic things I see would have to be the whole "OMG on-disc DLC!" fiasco (was it really THAT big a deal?) and their lack of attention towards Megaman (MMxSF should tide people over though).

It was a big deal to those who spent $180(including SFxT) on a game. But still it's an optional thing.

It was a big deal to those who spent $180(including SFxT) on a game. But still it's an optional thing.

It was big deal because the character could be played 100% no problem they didn't need to add any fixes because the dlc character were done on disk you just needed a change/add or code for them to be played

To celebrate the 25 years of a franchine like Rockman, Capcom did a pretty half assed iOS game called "Rockman Xover" which is something not worthy if compared with the importance of the franchine existing for 25 years. Come on, we deserve more than that JUNK for supporting the series for such a long time.

They could try to put effort into a Mega Man game. I mean is it so hard to try? They can't stop cancelling and half-assing Mega Man games forever. Also I think they should just start on the new Darkstalkers game already, we know a new game is coming besides Darkstalkers Resurrection, which is just 2 games we have seen before being re-released. Besides that, they really aren't doing so bad. A few mistakes here and there, but nothing terrible. Some things people just make a big deal out of. As long as a game is good in gameplay and is fun, I'm happy. I don't care about looks or sound, as long as the game itself is decent.

As for Bad Box Art Megaman, I honestly found it humorous.

I did not. I found it to be a troll joke by CRAPCOM.

Megaman Legends 3 being canceled meant little to me as I've never played any of the originals. Are they shitting on Megaman?

Yes they are shitting on Megaman, Giving us no more maverick hunter series fans wanted this more then anything. They made 2 more crappy series (megaman.exe, zero.exe) Both are cancers to the megaman franchise. Personally I loved legends and so did many fans, why cancel? Like GameInformer said in a interview with Crapcom, "Crapcom: we want to make Resident Evil our Mario." no excuse Crapcom, no excuse..........

What about Street Fighter VS Megaman, a fan game that Capcom actually supported?

And payed no money for it. Personally that game seems like it was half assed. (sorry if I offend some of you) and why 8-bit? we would have like 3D/2D 16-bit.

Crapcom likes to troll fans nuff said. when Keiji Inafune left crapcom knew they where screwed... what did they do to get him back.... NOTHING! So now megaman was a capcom fally. whos next? Street Fighter? Devil May Cry?

It was big deal because the character could be played 100% no problem they didn't need to add any fixes because the dlc character were done on disk you just needed a change/add or code for them to be played

Oh ye, my bad, I totally forgot about that.

To celebrate the 25 years of a franchine like Rockman, Capcom did a pretty half assed iOS game called "Rockman Xover" which is something not worthy if compared with the importance of the franchine existing for 25 years.

Come on, we deserve more than that JUNK for supporting the series for such a long time.

They're celebrating 25th anniversary properly this year. So far with the fan game support, Mega Man's 1-6 are to be available on the 3DS eShop soon.

Hopefully they have a lot more in store.

Yes they are shitting on Megaman, Giving us no more maverick hunter series fans wanted this more then anything. They made 2 more crappy series (megaman.exe, zero.exe) Both are cancers to the megaman franchise. Personally I loved legends and so did many fans, why cancel? Like GameInformer said in a interview with Crapcom, "Crapcom: we want to make Resident Evil our Mario." no excuse Crapcom, no excuse..........

And payed no money for it. Personally that game seems like it was half assed. (sorry if I offend some of you) and why 8-bit? we would have like 3D/2D 16-bit.

Crapcom likes to troll fans nuff said. when Keiji Inafune left crapcom knew they where screwed... what did they do to get him back.... NOTHING! So now megaman was a capcom fally. whos next? Street Fighter? Devil May Cry?

Concerning Bad Box Art Mega Man:

In an interview, Yoshinori Ono, the producer of Street Fighter X Tekken, states that the reason behind including Bad Box Art Mega Man and his highly exaggerated appearance, instead of any other version, was due to Keiji Inafune's wishes. Ono said that when he asked creator Keiji Inafune about including Rockman in Street Fighter X Tekken, Inafune said "that's not interesting, we have seen Mega Man in fighting games before" and then asked Ono to give him "something original". Ono then decided to use the Mega Man from the "awful" North American box art from the first Mega Man game and "make it even wackier" by presuming that Bad Box Art Mega Man has aged since his picture was taken and used in the US box art 25 years ago. Ono said that Inafune "loved the idea" and that was what lead to his inclusion.

Concerning Maverick Hunter X:

You do realize that Maverick Hunter X was a remake of the original Mega Man X with more dialogue, right?

concerning Mega Man x Street Fighter:

And many people will agree with you that MMxSF wasn't a good Mega Man game. The reason why people like MMxSF is because it shows that they(Capcom) still know that the fans are out there, and this is a great way to show it.

concerning SFxMM being 8-bit:

The dev wanted it to be in 8-bit, to be a throwback to the old Mega Man games.

DMC has alredy been ruined.

Posted Image

Honestly DmC is a good game and probably the best game that Ninja Theory has developed, people are just complaining about it being simplified and catering to a wider audience.

"DmC is a good game"

LOL good one +1

Also anytime someone mentions capcom around me anymore they usually refer to it as CRAPCOM so ye...

Wonder what will happen when miyamoto or kojima leaves then......

"Oh, and fuck people who call it "Crapcom"! That's one of the stupidest and most immature nicknames I've heard!"

WOW really because I have heard dumber than that... not to mention they are Crapcom pretty much now

Gamestop (LameSlop) My personal favorite

I think no one can disagree that capcom games are getting worse. Whether they are terrible not is debatable, but it's agreed pretty universally that old SF> new SF and the same with all of their franchises. Sure MvC 3 isn't that bad, but it's not as good as MvC 2 or even 1 in my opinion; SFIV is a good game, but it's nothing compared to third strike. Even people who say Resident Evil 5 and 6 are good can't honestly say they're as good as even 4. Personally, though, I don't think you can blame capcom for all of this, sure they have started grabbing money a lot more recently with their on disk DLC but that's a general trend that's happening all over the place. It's common now for half a game to be released later and you to still be charged for it, I mean look at the Mass Effect series. tl;dr Games are getting worse, developers are getting more greedy, it's not just capcom.