I would love that, there's a serious lack of MK chars that have custom gameplay, having more and with the same system would be amazing, I bekieve the last big effort was from Mike Obrekt, but they wheren't as smooth as the newer ones.
Woaw, you shouldn't have done that, now you've unleashed the beast that's inside me.
I LOVE MEGAMAN AND FIGHTING GAMES. And because of it became a little too much obsessed on making fighting game movelists for all the robots in the series. And since I'm really against clone or redundant characters, I like to give every single character a well tought out and stylized moveset. Also, I'm a super retro buff, and as such, made some movelists for other game characters.
Here's just a little taste, maybe tomorow I will post more movesets, it's just that it's late in the night and I can't bother to find my notebook.
Movelist for Classic Rockman (When I post the other movesets you will understand why the japanese name)
Also, if you see some tools from his arsenal are missing in this movelist (Items and Adapters), they are not, it's just that I've given them to other characters/versions.
Could be possible with the effect chars, I was already thinking of a mode where the effect character would prevent the players from dying and instead spawn gems ala's digimon battle spirit. The winner would be the one with the most gems.
Also, there's the amazing King of Fighters Battle Fantasia system where you actually drop items every time you are hit and vise versa, and those items affect your stats.
I would like to ask people ideas on the various kinds of game modes. I've started the logic for some modes and I would like to start with a wide base and improve from there. I'm open to new game modes too. Just post some interesting explanation for the mode and we can find a way of making it work.
Here are the modes I've already thought of:
- Arcade Mode (Classic): Normal mode with a set number of matches. The number of matches and general difficulty can be set separately.
- Arcade Mode (Team): You can make a team of players to help each other in Arcade Mode.
- *History Mode: A custom made mode that can have set fights and pre fight dialogs directly on the GUI. (Allow custom fight parameters, like life and power bars or helper characters).
- Survival Mode (Classic): Consecutive fights with only a small HP recovery in between fights and a consistent power bar.
- Survival Mode (Team): Players can play togheter to see how far everyone can last. After a number of set consecutive fights a dead player can be revived.
- Time Attack Mode: Player most find who can get the best score under a limited time.
- Tournament Mode (Classic): You can set a tournament between a set number of players. Elimination and Round-Robin modes.
- Tournament Mode (Team): You can make teams for players to compete. You can choose to perm-eliminate a team member after a set number of defeats.
- *Colliseum Mode: Players will fight with randomly chosen arenas with special rules.
- King of the Hill Mode: Players must compete to stay with the crown for a set number of consecutive fights.
- Time Bomb Mode: Players must compete pass the bomb to someone else before it goes off.
- *Saga Mode: Special mode where you can create a custom history and map where players can fight and obtain Sittuation Cards (Effects that can change a fight parameters) and reach an objective.
- *Adventure Mode: Special mode where you can navigate custom maps freely and obtain Sittuation Cards or do Quests (Custom Matches that can be placed around the map).
- *Tower Mode: Special mode where you can climb a tower with a set number of floors and various rooms filled with Quests and Sittuation Cards.
(*): Any mode with this mark will start with only the life and power bar parameters, but I'm thinking of asking some help and developing "effect" characters. Those chars will actually not fight, but only apply special effects during the fight, like: Posion, Earthquake, Slowmotion, Heal, Power Charge, etc. This is mostly because Quick VS. have a very annoying flaw where you can't set both players on the same team, because when you set 2 player controled characters on the same side, they are controlled by the same player. So thinking of this, I'm want to include factory set "effect" characters on the engine, that can be used to add custom parameters to the fights. I just need some mugen programmer to help with this, because I can make the graphical effects for them.
Also, I'm adding a score system and a category system. Their logic was already started so feel free give some ideas. I have until now:
- Gender: Male, Female or Other
- Game: Original game(or anything really) it came from.
- Archetype: Caracteristics like Shotocan, Swordman, Gunslinger, Super Hero, etc.
- Fighting Style: Their main fighting styles, like Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Jet Kune Do, Muay Thay, etc.
To anyone interested, I'm also adding this post to the original one as a spoiler, so it can be easy to find. Also, if I update this list, it will be posted edited on the original post's spoiler and not here. Good Bye.
Hello good people, I'm with some news. Some EXTREMELY GOOD, while others kinda bad.
1st News: I'm back to developing Berserk Mugen, I've finished university and have now more free time, and was able to recover my files from my fried PC.
2nd News: , I'm starting to develop the resources necessary to create all the promised modes and features. All thanks to KamiloXNuMetal, who released the source code for his engine and brought light to the oh so elusive "-log" parameter.
3rd News: Sadly, Mugen 1.1 beta 1 had this parameter mistakenly taken away, and as such, I'm unable to continue development of the engine with support for 1.1's vastly superior engine over 1.0. So, I will need to wait for this problem to be fixed on their next release (whenever this is) to support all of the extra features. This means that we will not be seeing any of the cool new tools for some time.
4rt News: I will keep development for 1.0 though, so, if you don't care for the AWESOME boss characters, bonus levels and epic stages being made for 1.1, you will probably be able to enjoy the updates.
New update, now with a automated character and stage finder, for the lazy types hehe.
Also, installation instructions changed, since now you will not need to edit any file manually. All in interface. There is just a problem with it creating a extra empty line, but i will be trying to find a fix for it.